Published on December 29th, 2016 | by Denise Borders0
Top 10 Albums of 2016: PunkWorldViews founder, D-NASTY
Every year, I post my top 10 albums of the year, and despite 2016 being a super fucked up year in general for society, not all the music was terrible! I happened to birth my first child this year so I can’t chalk it up to all bad like most people on Facebook. Life goes on and so does music, so with that said, please continue reading to see what my favorite albums of the year are!
10. Thrice – To Be Everywhere Is To Be Nowhere (may 27, 2016) Vagrant Records
9. PUP – The Dream is Over (May 26, 2016) Royal Mountain Records
8. Dead to Me – I Wanna Die in Los Angeles (October 21, 2016) Fat Wreck Chords
7. NOFX – First Ditch Effort (October 7, 2016) Fat Wreck Chords
6. Bouncing Souls – Simplicity (July 29, 2016) Rise Records
5. Get Dead – Honesty Lives Somewhere Else (July 29, 2016) Fat Wreck Chords
4. Face to Face – Protection (March 4, 2016) Fat Wreck Chords
3. Sturgill Simpson – A Sailor’s Guide to Earth (April 15, 2016) Atlantic Records
2. Descendents – Hypercaffium Spazzinate (July 29, 2016) Epitaph Records
1. Descendents – Hypercaffium Spazzinate (July 29, 2016) Epitaph Records
That’s right. This album is both my number two and number one spot because as I scoured the albums I listened to this year, I just couldn’t justify throwing 10 in there and this one deserves doubly the recognition. This band has been in my life since I was in elementary school and look at them: STILL GOING. Not only still going, but they aren’t even a joke as many bands are that make music for this long. Milo is KILLING IT. He doesn’t give AF that he’s getting old and probably aches after every show, he still gets up there and wraps that mic cable around his arm and leans back as far as his 53 year old back will go, FOR US. Thanks, Milo. I sincerely enjoy your stage mannerisms and the fact that you still sound goddamn amazing on an album 30+ years after you started doing this shit. Thanks, man.
So, that’s it! Lackluster, I’m sure. Top 10 lists aren’t the hot commodity they used to be since everyone and their mom does them now. Well, maybe not literally their mom but you know what I mean. With that said, I am interested in what YOUR top 10 albums of the year are! Comment here or on the PWV Twitter or Facebook! Let me know!