Published on July 2nd, 2015 | by Denise Borders0
Top 10 Reasons to Love the Fourth of July: OWL
Frontman and bass player of LA/NY based rock band, Owl, Chris Wyse, loves the Fourth of July. The band’s third album, Things You Can’t See, drops July 28th. You can check out the album teaser now. Besides being in Owl, Chris also plays bass for former lead guitarist and founding KISS member, Ace Frehley, and was the bass player in The Cult for nearly a decade.
Top 10 Reasons to Love the Fourth of July
1. Fireworks. The Ace Frehley Band just played Hellfest in France and there was a large fireworks display, which was great. Owl is playing A Taste of Minnesota this year on the July 4th, which will be the best! Owl also played it last year they did an awesome fireworks display with music.
2. Burgers, hot dogs and beer. Maybe some desserts done up red white and blue too. And cranking the title track from the new album from Owl, Things You Can’t See. One of the lyrics is “Ready for Take Off, I’m gonna light the sky, Like the Fourth of July.”
3. Bikinis. Nothing beats hitting up the beach or a pool on a hot July day, and there is nothing like a patriotic gal in a red, white and blue bikini!
4. Family. That’s what it all comes down to. I am a first generation Irish-American and proud of it.
5. Our vets. Think of our veterans, and connect and say hello. So many died and suffered for this amazing country and we should take a moment to remember and give thanks for our freedom.
6. The American flag. It’s great to see the Stars & Stripes waving proudly in the wind.
7. American history. Visit places like The White House and Mount Rushmore – those experiences last forever.
8. Badminton. When I was a kid we used to hit the shuttlecocks filled with firecrackers at each other. (Don’t try this at home! haha)
9. Ice cream. Get this biggest buckets of ice cream you can!
10. And last but not least, there’s one thing that is the best to do under the fireworks…… (You know what I’m taking about! 😉